Calculating Online Table Game Odds
Before we get bogged down in the table game odds for each it is necessary for us to define exactly what odds are. When discussing the odds of a particular event happening you are really discussing the mathematical probability of it happening. These table game odds represent a possible outcome and are most often written out as a percentage or in a decimal format. While this might sound scary and technical we’re going to keep this on a pretty simple level so don’t worry. It is also important to understand that just because something isn’t probable doesn’t mean it isn’t possible, just highly unlikely.
Casino Roulette Odds Explained
So to get started we'll first cover casino roulette odds. A roulette wheel has 37 or 38 (depending on the version you’re playing single zero has 37 and double zero has 38) places for the ball to land. This is important to know because the structure of the game and number of possibilities will affect the casino odds of each game. So, if you want to have a better chance of winning you’ll need to learn a little more about each game to determine the table game probabilities.
Some believe that by betting two columns they have better roulette odds and a higher chance of winning. The logic is that betting two column should give them 2/3 chance at winning but this just isn't true. Why? Simple, when you bet on two columns you are covering 24 of the possible 38 numbers. Therefore your odds of winning in this case are 24/28 or roughly 63% and your odds of losing are 14/38 or roughly 37%. So if you bet a dollar for each column you can win $1 but may lose $2. The expected profit for the two column bets is 63% multiplied by $1 minus the losses 37% multiplied by $2. This comes to a loss of 11 cents. So, in short this shouldn't be your strategy.
A better way to improve your roulette odds is to bet at the table minimum as bet on either red or black each turn. This type of bet pays out at 1:1 and covers 18 of the 38 numbers in play.
Understanding Casino Baccarat Odds
While deciphering the game much less the baccarat odds may seem like mission impossible it isn't as complicated as one might think. The only choice you have to make when playing Baccarat is whether to bet on the player, banker or a tie. If you read up on the game most authorities will tell you that most often the banker will win and therefore that is the best bet but few ever explain why that is the case. It might seem that any side should have an equal shot. In short, the banker is the best bet because they have the last chance to act. If the player receives a favorable card the banker still has a chance to hit, if the player's card weakens their hand the dealer can stand. Thus going last gives them higher baccarat odds.
Also, if you're looking for better casino baccarat odds then steer clear of the tie bet since it has a house edge of 14.4% and you'd be far better off with wither the banker or player bets.
While most casino players are just looking to have fun and hopefully hit it big they don’t often stop and consider whether the table game odds are increasing or decreasing the overall chances of winning. The clever players know that there are certain strategies and methods which make all the difference when it comes to increasing their odds of being successful. They’re also aware of the table game odds and are know which games are likely to provide better chances of winning and which games to avoid. However, no matter what the odds are of winning a particular game in order to have the best odds you have to play as close to optimal strategy as possible.